Maybe you’ve heard… there is an election coming up! Are you registered to vote at your current address? The League of Women Voters of Deerfield/Lincolnshire will be registering voters at the Library on Sunday, February 11, 1-4 p.m.
Regular registration for the March 20 Primary Election ends on Tuesday, February 20, but there’s no need to wait until the last minute!
Who can register to vote?
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be at least 18 years of age on or before the General Election, Tuesday, November 6. (17-year-old residents may register and vote in primaries if 18th birthday occurs before date of the general election.)
What will you need in order to register in-person?
- Two forms of identification; At least one I.D. must show both your name and current address (no photo required), including:
- government issued-I.D.
- current utility bill
- personalized check or bank statement
- car registration or proof of insurance
Can’t make it to the Library on February 11? Here are additional options up to February 20:
- Online via the Illinois Board of Elections. All that is required is a valid Illinois driver’s license or State ID.
- Deerfield Public Library: We have several deputy registrars on staff. Call ahead to make sure a registrar is on the schedule.
- West Deerfield Township (601 Deerfield Rd.): Monday-Friday, 8:30-4:30 p.m.
- Various Lake County voter registration sites (see Clerk website)
- Mail-in application (see Clerk website)
Grace Period Registration begins February 21; Required to vote at the time of registration. See the Clerk’s website for details.
FULL registration and election information can be accessed on the Lake County Clerk Election website.