Pick up a Maker Kit at the Deerfield Winter Market this Saturday, December 4. Limited availability. Send pictures of your snowflakes and melted snowman slime to email@example.com!
In the kit, there will be:
- 1 acrylic snowflake suncatcher (backing film on one side must be pulled off) made with DPL’s MakerSpace Laser Cutter
- 1 piece of string to hang the snowflake.
- 1 iridescent vinyl snowflake sticker made with DPL’s MakerSpace Cameo Silhouette.
- Materials to make Melted Snowman Slime
Melted Snowman Slime
Adult supervision is recommended.
Supplies included in kit:
- School glue (4 tbsp)
- Activator (2 tbsp)
- Dry fake snow (1 scoop)
- 2 googly eyes
- 1 laser-cut carrot nose
- Snack-size bag that can be reused as slime storage
- Spoon (either an old one or plastic one)
- Bowl for mixing
Note: Make and play with the slime in an easy to clean area and wash hands after playing
- Pour glue into a mixing bowl.
- Pour snow powder over the glue.
- Add half of the activator.
- Mix together with a spoon until slime starts to form.
- Take out slime and knead until fully combined.
- Add the rest of the activator if it is still sticky.
- Play with the slime! You can build a snowman with it using the googly eyes and laser-cut carrot nose!
- Store finished slime in the plastic snack bag or another airtight container.