The Friends welcome volunteers from the community to help sort and shelve book donations. Any amount of time and help is appreciated. Contact the Friends for more information at 847-945-3311 ext. 8895 or email the Friends at email@example.com.
Please join us at one of our 2022 meetings. The meetings are typically held on Mondays, 7:00 P.M. Subject to change.
Join the Friends
Why should you become a Member of the Friends of the Deerfield Public Library? The Friends fund items and sponsor programs, that are not otherwise in the Library’s budget. Many items are listed below. Please sign up online by using the Donate button below, or print out and mail an application form. When paying for your membership by Paypal if you prefer not to have your name printed in any publication, please email the Friends at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|$15 – $29 Good Friend
$30 – $49 Family Friend
$50 – $99 Dear Friend
$100 – $249 Best Friend
$250 – $499 Loyal Friend
$500 + Partner
- New shelving in Youth Services
- Program sponsorship
- Memory Kits
- Local history photographs by Art Shay in the lobby
- Baby Garden – Located in the Preschool Pavilion
- 4 panels of art titled “Prairie Plants” – Located in the stairwell by Youth Services
- 2 wood octagon display tables in Youth Services
- Self-Checkout Station
- Outdoor bench by the front door
- Prizes for Library Reading Programs
- Train table and Lego Duplo table in Preschool Pavilion
Deerfield Road Train Station
Complementary used paperback books are available at the station for commuters to read while traveling on the trains. Each week a volunteer replenishes the adult and children’s paperback books.
Used Book Corner
Used books are always available during regular library business hours. Book genres include: fiction, cookbooks, children’s, self-help, biographies, history, business, home improvement, hobbies, manga & graphic novels, poetry, humor, art, CD’s, DVD’s, audiobooks, etc. Books are replenished weekly by volunteers. Suggested donation:
- Hardbacks, Audiobooks, Games – $2
- Paperbacks, DVD’s – $1
- CD’s – $.50
Used Book Donations
Gently-used adult and children’s books (hardbacks & paperbacks) are always needed to replenish the shelves. This is a great way to recycle books that have already been read. (NO encyclopedias, textbooks, magazines, VHS, Cassette tapes, or books that have been damaged or written in.) Thank you.
About the Friends
Friends of the Deerfield Public Library is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, dedicated to enriching the Library’s materials, services, and programs for the members of the community. Our Mission Is:
- To encourage the community to have an increased understanding and appreciation for the materials and services from the Library.
- To supplement Library services, programs, and materials in accordance with the Library’s policies and needs.
- To provide volunteering, fundraising, and advocacy to the Library.