Monday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Walk-in appointments are available to all patrons subject to availability. Deerfield Public Library cardholders can reserve equipment at the link below.
3D printing is a process of making three dimensional solid objects from a digital file, typically by laying down many thin layers of a material in succession.
You can print a wide variety of objects using our 3D printers, from functional prototypes to trinkets.
- Thingiverse.com is a design community for discovering, making, and sharing 3D printable things. It offers a large selection of 3D files available for download, as well as customizable objects.
- To create your own files Tinkercad is a great beginners tool, and Blender offers more advanced features. Both are available as free downloads.
- We prepare files for print in Cura, which is available as a free download and allows you to estimate print times and filament usage.
3D Print jobs under 50 grams are free. 3D prints over 50 grams are charged at $0.10 per gram of filament. The total cost will be estimated before your print for approval. Please allow up one week for your print to be completed.
The Deerfield Public Library uses a Lulzbot TAZ 6, and two Lulzbot Mini 3-D Printers. We print using PLA or PLA+ filament. We do not offer printing services using ABS filament.
Submitting Your 3D Print
- Read our 3D Printer Policy
- Prepare your print. We accept 3-D files in STL format under 15mb
- MakerSpace guests can print 1 3D print of up to 50 grams/day for free
- Prints over 50 grams are charged at $0.10/gram
- Payment for 3D prints can be made using a credit card
Please allow up to 5 days for your print to be completed after final approval.