Your to-do list just got a little shorter. Beginning Monday, April 15, the Library will launch automatic renewals for all patrons. Eligible items due on April 17 or after will automatically renew, up to two times.
This new service offered by DPL provides the convenience of enjoying materials for a longer period of time with less worry about returning them on time or remembering to request a renewal.
How does it work?
- Two days before the due date, eligible items will automatically renew for the full renewal period.
- What’s not eligible? Any item on hold for another patron, Lucky Duck books, new videos, and items acquired through interlibrary loan.
- Digital items (e-books, e-audiobooks, streaming movies, and music) are not affected.
How will I be notified?
- Patrons who have an e-mail address in their account will get a courtesy notice letting them know which items were not automatically renewed, and which items now have a new due date.
- Patrons who receive text message notices will receive a courtesy notice listing the items that were not renewed.
How can I sign up for a courtesy notice?
- You can ask in person at the Library, by phone (847-945-3311), or update your patron account on the Library website.
- Also, you can get some sign-up tips on the DPL YouTube channel.
Please let us know if you have any questions. We LOVE questions!