The Deerfield Public Library Board of Trustees seeks a candidate to fill a vacancy on the Library Board. The selected candidate will serve until the next regular election in May 2025.
The Library Board is composed of seven members. Trustees must be residents of incorporated Deerfield. On average, the Trustee position takes a commitment of up to 4-6 hours per month. Regular meetings of the board are on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
Library Trustee Responsibilities
- Financial oversight, including adopting a tax levy and annual budget that meets the financial needs of the Library.
- Hire a qualified library director and provide ongoing evaluation.
- Adopt formal policies that govern the Library.
- Ensure that the Library has a strategic plan with an action plan and timeline.
- Advocate for the Library in the community and with elected officials.
- Attend and actively participate in board meetings and board committee meetings.
- Know the community and its Library needs; keep current on library standards and trends; and support staff and director in carrying out library services.
- Participate in Library programs and events.
- Support library legislation in the Illinois and federal governments.
For more information, please contact Amy Falasz-Peterson, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.580.8901.
Please use the online form to submit your application by October 29, 2023. After all the applications have been received, the Board will review applications and schedule interviews in November 2023.