On October 28, Governor Pritzker announced new COVID-19 mitigation measures for region 9, which includes Deerfield. The Library’s current service model complies with the new regulations, so we will not make any service changes at this time.
Our current service model prioritizes the safety and health of our staff and patrons. We appreciate that anyone entering the building continues to wear masks and maintain physical distance from others.
We have missed seeing our patrons! I’m pleased to announce that the Library building will be open to the public for limited hours beginning Monday, July 27, 2020.
There will be some changes to the physical building. Watch our video showing some of those changes:
Updated Hours for Service, effective July 27, 2020
Vulnerable Population Hours: Tuesdays 9-10 a.m., Fridays 2-3 p.m.
|Inside Hours*||Outside Hours**|
|Monday||2-6 p.m.||10 a.m.-1 p.m.|
|Tuesday||10 a.m.-2 p.m.||4-7 p.m.|
|Wednesday||2-6 p.m.||10 a.m.-1 p.m.|
|Thursday||10 a.m.-2 p.m.||4-7 p.m.|
|Friday||2-6 p.m.||10 a.m.-1 p.m.|
|Saturday||10 a.m.-2 p.m.|
*Inside Hours: Browsing shelves, pick-up holds, returns, checkout, computer use by appointment.
**Outside Hours: Curbside Pickup, returns.
- A mask is required for everyone over the age of 2 to enter the building. If you have a medical condition that makes wearing a mask difficult, we encourage you to contact the Library via telephone or email. We’ll be happy to assist you, including materials exchange outside the building.
- We will allow up to 30 patrons to be in the building at one time, so you may be asked to wait before entering the building.
- Please limit your visit in the library to under 60 minutes.
- Please maintain a 6-ft.distance between yourself and other library visitors and staff.
- Based on data from independent research, we quarantine returned items and then process them for check-in. Your items may not appear as returned on your account till after quarantine. We also quarantine new purchases, so there might be a delay before available in the catalog.
- Please wash your hands and use hand sanitizer.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms, please stay home and use our telephone, online chat, or email services.
- Checkout library materials such as books, movies, and music.
- In-person browsing for short periods of time.
- Reference services via telephone, chat, or email.
- Return materials inside the library using the bin by the front entrance.
- Pick up holds either in the library or by using Curbside Pickup.
- Wifi access; computer use by appointment.
- Printing, scanning, or faxing by appointment.
- Interlibrary loan.
We have made several building modifications to ensure the safety of the staff and the community. Some services will not be available at this time. This includes the MakerSpace, Quiet Room, study rooms, and meeting rooms.
All seating has been removed to encourage quick visits. Additionally, for health safety, all toys and games have been removed from the Youth Services department.
We are encouraging one adult per household to visit the Library. However, if you have children with you, please keep them with you at all times.
We are not accepting books and other material donations at this time.