Kits are available Monday, March 8 through Saturday, March 13 while supplies last. Find them in our NEW Creation Station (*hint* it’s green!) located outside the front door or by the Youth Services desk.
Be a Nature Explorer!
- Your box includes a variety of nature specimens. It may include shells, snake skins, cicadas, butterflies, rocks, minerals, seed pods, tree bark, pinecones, or abandoned wasp or bird nests. These are not suitable for toddlers but recommended for ages 5-10.
- Each box includes a magnifying glass to closely observe your specimens.
- Get outside and see what you can discover by playing the nature scavenger hunt.
- Send us a picture of your adventures and art if you’d like to be featured on our social media! email@example.com
Challenge yourself with these awesome Nature Quests:
- Take a hike and read a book outdoors in a beautiful spot. Or hike virtually in the Montana wilderness in this Lone Pine Hiking Storytime.
- Learn about wildlife by visiting Oregon’s Virtual Wildfest! Film your own video outside explaining what you see in nature.
- Take a deep breath, close your eyes, and listen to some nature sounds to relax.
- Learn how to draw easy animals. Take a sketchbook outside and draw something straight out of nature.
- Play outside games like Bear, Salmon, Mosquito and Scout Meets Scout.
- Read our newest books about the wonders of nature:
Bionic Beasts: Saving Animal Lives With Artificial Flippers, Legs, and Beaks by Jolene Gutiérrez