Below are the instructions for August 2023 Grab & Go kits! Grab one at our outdoor Creation Station or stop by the Youth Department at the Library. While supplies last.
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE GRADE RECOMMENDATIONS!
Paper Plate Tennis
Hope you all are enjoying summer! This month, PreK-K kids can make tennis rackets with paper plates and popsicle sticks.
Each kit includes:
- 2 paper plates
- 2 popsicle sticks with self-adhesive
- 1 latex balloon
- 1 foam ball
Supplies you’ll need:
- Crayons to color with or other art supplies
1. Your child can decorate the two plates! You can color either side of them.
2. Remove the protective paper from the popsicle sticks and attach the sticks to the backs of the plates. Make sure there’s enough stick to hold onto to use them as rackets!
3. Blow up the balloon.
4. Have fun and play like Ms. Cristina and Ms. Kary!
Instructions for the Grades 1-4 craft can be found inside each kit.
UV Reactive Bead Frog Keychain
- 40 miscellaneous green beads (body and legs)
- 14 UV reactive beads (these change from clear to colorful in the sunlight, and glow in the dark!)
- Rainbow string
- Keychain ring
- Watch this video: How to Create Your Own Frog Bead Pet with the Made By Me Bead Pets Kit to learn how to start your keychain and weave the string through the beads
- Only focus on how they get the string onto the key ring and how to weave the strings through the bead, as we do not provide a tray to pre layout the design.
- Use this weaving technique, but follow this pattern (if you do not you will have 2 extra green beads) *note the back legs of our frog have 5 green beads each instead of the videos’ 4:
- Tighten your string and tie a double knot at the end trim the excess and hide the knots under the beads
- Take your lizard outside on a sunny day to see the body go from clear to colorful! It changes back when you go inside again!
Tip: add a dot of glue to the knot for extra security