Below are the instructions for December 2023 Grab & Go kits! Grab one only in the Youth Department at the Library. While supplies last.
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE GRADE RECOMMENDATIONS!
Dinos in December!
Each kit includes:
- A paper plate
- Colorful cutouts
You will also need:
- Glue or double sided tape
- Piece together your colorful cutout pieces to see how your dinosaur comes together. You can follow along with the pictured dinos above or apply your cutouts however you like to make your dino your very own creation.
- Apply your glue/tape to the back of your cutouts and attach the pieces to your plate!
Instructions for the Grades 1-4 craft can be found inside each kit.
Snowman Hand Warmer
Included in Kit:
- 1 sock
- 1 bag of rice
- 1 mini scarf (styles vary)
- 1 piece of string.
- Carefully fill your sock with the rice. One trick is to put the whole baggie inside the sock and then dump it out in there and pull out the empty plastic.
- Tie the piece of string at the top of the rice mound. Your snowman is currently a potato. Make sure you tie this really tight! Feel free to cut off the ends if too long.
- Use the mini scarf to create a head by tying it around a small section of your rice sock potato snowman.
- Fold over the top of the sock to create a hat for your snowman.
- Use a sharpie to create a face and/or decorate your snowman any way you like.
Congratulations! You now have your very own snowman that you can pop into a microwave and heat up to keep you warm.
Heat up your snowman by placing it in the microwave along with a mug of water for 2 minutes.
The cup of water helps keep the rice from getting too hot. Do not place the snowman in the water.