Below are the instructions for June 2023 Grab & Go kits! Grab one at our outdoor Creation Station or stop by the Youth Department at the Library. While supplies last.
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE GRADE RECOMMENDATIONS!
Each kit includes:
- A butterfly outline
- Pieces of tissue paper in various colors
- A stretch of plastic line
Supplies you and your little one will need for this craft:
- A glue stick
- Scissors (optional)
- Help your little one apply a layer of glue to one side of the butterfly template.
- Pick out all y’all’s favorite colors of the rainbow and apply them to the glued side of the butterfly.
- (Optional) Adult help your little one by cutting excess paper from around the outside edge of the butterfly.
- Tie one end of the plastic line to the hole in the top wing of the butterfly.
- Show off your beautiful butterfly suncatcher!!!
Animal Pattern Window Clings
Take some time this summer to make beautiful art with these colorful animal clings! They will brighten up any room!
You can use the permanent markers in the kit, or choose to add more from home to create an image all your own! We do suggest coloring “from the inside out,” so you don’t smear your work as you go.
The stickers can be attached to any glass or mirrored surface. **Please be aware that they do have a strong adhesive so be sure positive about where you want it to go before you stick it anywhere!
Decorate your own sunglasses!
Each kit includes a pair of sunglasses and 3 permanent markers.
Use the provided permanent markers, or any you might have at home, to decorate these sunglasses however you’d like!
Maybe do your favorite pride flag colors, or write your favorite book quote or song lyrics on them?