Below are the instructions for October 2023 Grab & Go kits! Grab one only in the Youth Department at the Library. While supplies last.
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE GRADE RECOMMENDATIONS!
Rainboo Ghost Sign
Instructions for the Pre K and Kindergarten craft can be found inside each kit.
Bat Mosaic Sign
Instructions for the Grades 1-4 craft can be found inside each kit.
Felt Ghost Bag Charm
- 2 white felt ghost silhouettes with pre-cut holes
- 1 plastic needle
- Black embroidery floss
- 1 bag of polyfill
- 1 plastic bag clip
- Black and pink markers (not included)
- Scissors (not included)
- String bag clip onto a single piece of the silhouette in the top middle. Looping through the hole and clip loop 1-2 times to add security. Tie a double knot and cut off the excess.
- Cut enough string to roughly circle the shape 3 times and tie a knot to keep the string on the needle. (no need to double knot, though you may have to tighten the knot throughout sewing)
- Sandwich the two pieces of felt together, the loop of your bag clip should be in between the two layers. Go from the front of the piece to the back, going through the middle hole, clip loop and other middle hole. Pull your thread almost all the way through, leaving a couple of inches. Tie the end to the string (creating a loop) and double knot. Leave the tail of the string on.
- Begin whip stitching around the ghost, stopping when you have a couple of inches left.
- Stuff the figure with polyfill until your desired plushiness. (tip: use a pencil or chopstick to help push the stuffing in the nooks)
- Continue stitching until you have only 2 holes left, and stuff in a little more polyfill.
- When going through the final hole, make sure to go back through the clip loop (this makes the clip much more stable)
- Use the tail of the thread from the beginning to tie off with, making sure to double knot. Cut off excess string as close to the knot as possible (tip: if you still have extra string, try poking it inside the ghost)
- Use markers to draw a face on one or both sides of the ghost. I added blush marks to mine using a pink marker.