Queer Poem-a-Day is a program from the Adult Services Department at the Library and may include adult language.
2000 miles and this is the love letter I send you over text
by Noa/h Fields
Dear entwining, dear edging, dear escape velocity,
Yr body like a blizzard & I’m wrapped into you rn
co-presence the gift w/o bounds
U my potentiality always in veer, Jennifer Tamayo
always rounding the corner.
Dear perigee, dear perpendicular, dear permeation,
Tonight knows no apology,
is all discourse & shenanigans.
Darling, I want to live in yr parentheses
bottomless brunch verse pwrbttm weeknights.
Dear tannins, dear transcience, dear titillation,
I press my body into an envelope & I’m sending
tongues, consonants, permutable possibilities.
Say yes or say yassssssss (a syllable sashays!)
say false starts, say hold
On, then turn around, jump into
my arms & stay.
Copyright © 2018 by Noa/h Fields. Originally published in With, a micro-chapbook (Ghost City Press, 2018).
About the Author
Noa/h Fields is a Chicago-based writer and curator. She works at the Poetry Foundation and is a 2022 fellow at Zoeglossia and Disability Lead. Her writing has appeared in Anomaly, Tripwire, Zoeglossia, and Sixty Inches from Center.
- Day 1: Self Portrait as a Body, a Sea by Donika Kelly
- Day 2: Birthday Suits by Joshua Jennifer Espinoza
- Day 3: Obsessions by Gabriel Ojeda-Sagué
- Day 4: The Baby Inside My Baby by Nomi Stone
- Day 5: To Be Saved by CM Burroughs
- Day 6: At the New York City AIDS Memorial by Stefania Gomez
- Day 7: Love in the Time of PrEP by Jaques Rancourt
- Day 8: The Morning After by Ellen Bass
- Day 9: Argument of Situations by Shangyang Fang
- Day 10: Ode to Sneakers by Tory Adkisson
- Day 11: Boombox Ode: Enjoy the Silence
- Day 12: Soon by Makshya Tolbert
- Day 13: Photograph by Jenny George
- Day 14: Salt Lake City by Christian Gullette
- Day 15: Humpty Dumpty by Spencer Reece
- Day 16: The Antihero by Megan Fernandes
- Day 17: On Growing Bored with Synonyms for the Apocalypse, I Rename It Carl… by C. Russell Price
- Day 18: All My Friends are Sad & Bright by Cameron Awkward-Rich
- Day 19: 2000 miles and this is the love letter I send you over text by Noa/h Fields
- Day 20: Book VI from The Queerness of Eve by Emilia Phillips
- Day 21: Oracle by Ari Banias
- Day 22: gxrl gospel iv: beast of a southern wild by Aurielle Marie
- Day 23: Let There Be Pride by Richard Blanco
- Day 24: Jacob Riis Memorial Beach by Stephen Ira
- Day 25: from Dependence, the Joistrix / How you are made by Emily Martin
- Day 26: The Need for Repitition by Jim Whiteside
- Day 27: Arm’d and Fearless by Julian Gewirtz
- Day 28: Polyamory by Madeleine Cravens
- Day 29: GPOY as Rainbowfrog.gif by Aerik Francis
- Day 30: Gay Epithalamium by Benjamin Garcia
Queer Poem-a-Day is directed by poet and teacher Lisa Hiton and Dylan Zavagno, Adult Services Coordinator at the Deerfield Public Library. Music for this second year of our series is the first movement, Schéhérazade, from Masques, Op. 34, by Karol Szymanowski, performed by pianist Daniel Baer. Queer Poem-a-Day is supported by generous donations from the Friends of the Deerfield Public Library and the Deerfield Fine Arts Commission.