This month’s teen Grab & Go craft is a plant terrarium that you can’t accidentally kill: they’re made of felt! Find instructions below, including a helpful video that will walk you through making the succulents. Pick them up in the Teen Space!
- 1 glass globe
- 3 sheets of green felt
- 1 succulent template
- 1 mini fabric glue (you can also use hot glue if you have it at home)
What else you’ll need:
- Scissors (fabric scissors work best if you have them)
- Marker (unless you cut within the lines the marker outline will show on the edges of the succulents so you may want to use a green marker, chalk or pencil may also work)
- Cut out templates and pick a felt sheet for each template (there will be one left)
- Follow the video instructions from 2:00 to 4:15 for the spikey succulent
- Follow the video instructions from 5:10 to 6:30 for the rounded succulent
- You may use the third sheet to make a second of one of the templates or watch from 6:30 to 8:00 to learn to make your own template for a third type of succulent
- Fill globe with rocks and place succulents as desired
Enjoy this evergreen decoration on bookshelves, a windowsill, a desk, or anywhere!